Door hangers are one of the most effective advertising products. It’s almost like hand it to your neighbor. Door hangers should have a very clear massage, not too confusing and not too busy. The same way that they are effective they can have reverse result. They should not be annoying. The massage must be presented in one or two different design. Putting the same flyer on neighbor’s door over and over will become annoying and customers will not pay attention to the content any more. It is highly recommended to hire a professional graphic designer who has marketing understanding to represent your massage in a best and effective way.
At HikePrint doorhangers are printed with offset printers on multiple premium paper stock options such as:
- 100lb Gloss Book (Text) with Aqueous Coating (C2S)
- 100lb Gloss Cover with Aqueous Coating (C2S)
- 14pt Gloss Coated Cover with UV Coating (C2S)
- 14pt Premium Uncoated Cover
- 16pt Dull Cover with matte Finish
- Recycled 80lb Dull Text with Matte Finish.
- Recycled 100lb Dull Cover with Matte Finish.
Door hangers can be printed one side color only or full color on both sides.
The available sizes at this time are:
- 3.5×8.5 door hanger or the small (mini) door hanger
- 4.25×11 standard size door hanger (medium size)
- 5.5×17 which is called Jumbo door hanger.
If you are going to prepare your file or your designer will do it for you just make sure that:
- The size of the artwork is right (ex: 3.5”x8.5”)
- It includes bleed (ex: 3.625”x8.625”)
- It is designed in CMYK mode
- It has 300-350 dpi resolution
- It is in right format: TIF, TIFF, JPG, EPS, PNG, AI, PSD, and PDF
The required bleed for door hanger is 0.0625” each side or 0.125” for each dimension. For example a 3.5″ x 8.5″ door hanger with the full bleed should be 3.625″ x 8.625″.
You can download the right template of your product prior to design and set up your file from our template page.
The template will help you to have the right size, right resolution, the correct mode of color, enough bleed for cutting and the limits for folding (if applicable). Of course the template layer needs to be turned off or removed before the print ready artwork is generated.
For more information regarding resolution and the instruction to set up the print ready file you can visit our “Preparing Files” page.
If you still have questions you can contact us via email at: email@example.com or call us during business hours (PST)
If you need any help with design please visit our design page, fill out the design request form and upload your images you wish to have on your artwork. We will review your files and instructions and contact you with question.
You can also email us your instruction and information you wish to have on your product and we will contact you within 24 hours.